Village of Kaslo Proclams November as Radon Aware Month
Mayor and Council want the residents of Kaslo to be Radon Aware and test their homes for radon gas this winter.
Radon gas is the leading cause of lung cancer after smoking and estimated to kill as many as 3,300 people each year in Canada. Radon is radioactive and comes from the decay of uranium in rock and soil. You can’t see, smell or taste radon, leading many people to do nothing at all. The only way to know if a home has high indoor radon levels is to test.