Employment Opportunity Village of Kaslo Office
Position: Provide routine clerical and secretarial assistance. Reports to Chief Administrative
• Competent in current software (Microsoft Office and electronic accounting systems);
• Competent in payroll, bookkeeping principles and typing at 60 wpm minimum.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Previous work experience in an office environment.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
• Some experience in a local government or public sector setting;
• The ability to work diligently and diversely in a small municipal office environment;
• The ability to follow directions and procedures with minimal supervision;
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
• An aptitude for mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy;
• A capacity to establish and maintain courteous, tactful, diplomatic working relationships as
part of a small team;
• Openness to participating in applicable local government training programs.
Hours of Work: 20 hour work week, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon Monday to Friday. Flex time
and a generous benefit package are offered with this position.
Salary: This regular part-time opportunity is unionized (CUPE Local 339) and is compensated
at a wage rate of $25.95 per hour (2016/17 rate).
Applications: Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and resume,
in confidence, clearly quoting Competition “Office Clerk” by 12 Noon on April 13th 2017 in pdf
format to email@example.com, or to 312 Fourth Street, Kaslo, BC V0G 1M0, or by fax to 353-7767